This leek, potato and pancetta soup is so simple to make and makes a great autumnal dinner to feed the family when it’s served with some buttered crusty bread. It’s delicious, homely, warming and budget friendly!
To make this soup you’ll need:
- A knob of butter
- 200g pancetta, or chopped bacon
- 6 leeks, sliced
- 6 carrots, chopped
- 6-8 potatoes, chopped
- Vegetable stock, enough to cover the vegetables
- salt, pepper and oregano to season
To make this soup:
- In a large pan melt the butter and fry the pancetta/bacon.
- After the pancetta is cooked through, add the leeks and stir occasionally until softened.
- Add in the carrots and potatoes.
- Pour over enough vegetable stock to cover the ingredients.
- Season with some salt, pepper and a sprinkle of oregano.
- Bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer with the lid on for about half an hour.
- You can serve as it is or blend it to a smooth consistency.
Vegetarian: simply omit the pancetta for a delicious vegetarian soup.
Pin for later!