Hi guys! It’s Samantha here doing my first ever guest blog post over here on the Life of Mummy blog and today I want to share how to make this great bonfire night classic; toffee apples.
- 8-12 apples
- 100ml water
- 400g sugar
- 1tsp vinegar
- 4tbsps golden syrup
- sprinkles, chopped nuts & dessicated coconut
- Put the apples in a large bowl of freshly boiled water to remove any wax.
- Thoroughly dry the apples so the toffee sticks to them.
- Place apples on a piece of parchment paper on a baking tray.
- Put the water in a pan and place on a medium heat.
- Add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add the vinegar and golden syrup, give it a stir and then put in a sugar thermometer, wait until it reaches 150ºC.
- Stab the apples with sticks (or forks), dip them in the toffee, roll them round a few times to give them a good coating.
- Dip into a topping of your choice and then place them back onto the parchment paper until they are completely cool.
I love cooking and it’s my dream to one day have my very own café and serve the most delicious food but for now I’m just going to be practising and perfecting my recipes and sharing them with you here on this blog and also over on my YouTube channel, it would be great if you would subscribe 😊
Look out for my next recipe soon,
Pin for later!